[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0-Beta Released

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Jan 5 14:52:36 PST 2010

I've done some additional installs, all smooth. Just did my first two on
'modern' hardware (ATI HD 4800, using HDMI - RadeonHD driver) and also an
upgrade from 8 alpha (just for kicks).

Very very nice. Everything is working perfectly, even with an encrypted
partition and a Windows dual boot.

Also noted that there is now a login-manager that works with root in the
menu. Thank you :)

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com>wrote:

> Happy New Year everyone.  Kris has released PCBSD 8.0-Beta, and it is
> available at:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/137/11/
>

> Future Download Feature Request to Kris --
>
> In the past you  have released a VMWare machine download.  When you get the
> time, how about a VirtualBox download too?
>

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Thanks,
Mike Bybee