[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0-Beta Released

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Jan 5 04:15:27 PST 2010

2010/1/5 Yuri Momotiuk <yurkis at gmail.com>

> Beta (i386) issues:
>
> 1. splash_pcx kernel module seems no exists, so splash can not be displayed
> 2. PCBSD tools (and almost all KDE apps) is not translated to my language
> (ukrainian-uk), but I done ukrainian translation. Does  installer setup
> correct system locale?

Ukrainian is lost during moving to new pootle :)
But it'll be there in near days.
pootle2.pcbsd.org

> 3. I setup FreeBSD sources and ports tree from sysinstaller, but it seems
> not exist (/usr/ports/, usr/src).
>
> Wishes:
> 1. Could you change console default profile colors from 'Green on Black' to
> 'White on Black'? IMHO it will be more expected default appearance.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Where can I found additional package descriptions (from install cd) to
> translate?

https://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/trunk/pc-sysinstall/components/amarok/component.cfg

like here:

https://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/branches/7.1.1/installcd-overlay/usr/local/pcbsd/Components/firefox

After you create all files you can send it to me, I'll commit them.
Also, you can feel free to contact me about anything cyrillic :)

> PS Sorry for English...

Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow