[PC-BSD Testing] dictionary issues AGAIN

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:19:52 PST 2010

doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> Okay I definitely can not get the dictionary to work properly in Open
> Office. I have a doc file that I'm working on and the dictionary works
> perfectly, but in another odt file that I create and work on the darn
> thing doesn't do a single thing. Last time I checked asdf isn't a
> word...yet the silly dictionary extension decides to ignore it.
>
> Is it any constellation that the "word count" of my document is ZERO
> unless I select all of the text in my document? Is this a
> locale/encoding issue? If Bob Smith makes a doc file on M$ Word and I
> open it, the dictionary works. However, if I create a document,
> extension doesn't matter, the dictionary doesn't work at all.
>
> Please enlighten me, this is seriously frustrating and makes for some
> embarrassing moments when explaining errors that weren't reported by
> my word processor.
>
> Brodey

...turns out my /tmp was filled again and the extension manager was
pretending that the install went successfully.

I think smb or ftp with dolphin is causing dolphin to make excessive
usage of md0 (tmp). I have seen a LARGE amount of MASSIVE temp files
created by dolphin after transferring to/fro my FreeNAS machine.

Regards,
Brodey (sorry for the semi-false testing topic)