[PC-BSD Testing] dictionary issues AGAIN

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:13:35 PST 2010

Okay I definitely can not get the dictionary to work properly in Open
Office. I have a doc file that I'm working on and the dictionary works
perfectly, but in another odt file that I create and work on the darn
thing doesn't do a single thing. Last time I checked asdf isn't a
word...yet the silly dictionary extension decides to ignore it.

Is it any constellation that the "word count" of my document is ZERO
unless I select all of the text in my document? Is this a
locale/encoding issue? If Bob Smith makes a doc file on M$ Word and I
open it, the dictionary works. However, if I create a document,
extension doesn't matter, the dictionary doesn't work at all.

Please enlighten me, this is seriously frustrating and makes for some
embarrassing moments when explaining errors that weren't reported by my
word processor.

Brodey