[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-BETA now available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jan 4 11:59:18 PST 2010

On 01/03/2010 10:59, doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> krzysiek wrote:
>> Hi.
>> 1.Installing using polish language was not as easy as using english, but
>> system was installed correctly.
>>
>> 2. I can add network tray, using  system settings menu, but not remove;
>> it's easy way to have multiple network tray to one network card.
>> 3. there wasn't anything at ports just after install; i used "portsnap
>> fetch extract update" i tried install /usr/ports/multimedia/cx88 (it's
>> my TV tuner drivers), but i have an error : cx88-1.2.1 requires kernel
>> source files.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/cx88.
>>
>> Using 'system settings ->  system manager ->  fetch system source' doesn't
>> change this
>>
>> regards,
>> krzysiek
>>

>> Kris Moore wrote:
>>
>>> Happy New Year to everybody!
>>>
>>> The PC-BSD Team is pleased to announce the availability of PC-BSD 8.0-BETA (Hubble Edition),
>>> running FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE, and KDE 4.3.4
>>>
>>> To read the full announcement and download, please visit the pcbsd.org site:
>>>
>>> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/138/11/
>>>
>>> In order to prepare for 8.0-Release, please report any and all bugs to our Trac Database:
>>>
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org
>>>
>>> Happy Testing!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kris Moore
>>> PC-BSD Software

> That's an easy one! As root...kill the bad link for sys...rm -f
> /usr/jails/portjail/sys and re create the link ln -s /usr/src/sys
> /usr/jails/portjail/sys
>
> Just make sure you don't have any portjails open when killing the link.
> I'd have to dig a little deeper to find out why the link sys ->
> usr/src/sys Notice a missing '/'..
>
> Brodey
>
> !DSPAM:1,4b40beed20141438318654!

The portjail has its own /usr/src and /sys points to it. So in your
portjail, look at /usr/src, if its empty, that's why the link is broken.
The portjail uses its own src / ports tree's separate from the system,
so you can safely mess around without mucking up anything else on the
desktop.

http://www.pcbsd.com