[PC-BSD Testing] Network Tray

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 11:58:01 PST 2010

Okay, the network tray has crashed on me five times now. Unfortunately I
can't link it to anything and the only info I get in the crash reporter
is this:
/
    Application: NetworkTray (pc-nettray), signal: Segmentation fault: 11/

Although I do get this interesting info from dmesg:

/    kern.maxfiles limit exceeded by uid 1001, please see tuning(7).
    kern.maxfiles limit exceeded by uid 1001, please see tuning(7).
    pid 2997 (gdb), uid 1001: exited on signal 6

/Speaking of tuning, I see a lot of nics for windows machines defaulting
to gigabit buffer sizes and jumbo packet enabling. Perhaps increasing
the size of send space to 65536 may increase performance of 100Mb and
1Gb connections out of the box.