[PC-BSD Testing] Ports Console continued

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:44:50 PST 2010

In a discussion between Ian Robinson & Brodey Dover about accessing
the system hard disk and other disks from within ports console, Brodey
Dover replied:

> I have another suggestion that may actually help you out ;).
>
>Since /home is mounted because you have the necessary read and write
> permissions and so on, you could ln -s to your mounted drives to a
>directory in your /home.
>
> Regards,
> Brodey

Linking is a simple and elegant solution!

I am sure Kris' Team will want to include that in their PCBSD
8-specific revisions to their user manual when they discussion the
basics and details of using Ports Console.

Ian Robinson