Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:35:35 PST 2010

 Paul Cartwright said:
>I just installed 8.0 beta on my Dell XPS laptop ( dual-boot W/XP).
 >I am in USA eastern time. The clock currently shows 03:53:03AM. Nice, but I
 >want it to show local time (8:53:03AM). right-click on the time, select
 >Digital clock settings. BANG, it logs me off, and presents me with the login
 >screen. tried it again, same results..
 >--

Paul -- I had the same clock display issue, but not the reboot issue.
You can fix the time by loading Terminal and typing "date HHMM"
(without quotes) and "HHMM" equals your time expressed as the hour and
minutes in 24 hour format.  Example, 8:53 a.m. is entered as "date
0853" and 8:53 p.m. is entered as "date 2053"

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio