[PC-BSD Testing] Few questions, wine64, wine-html, pbi 32/64 and pootle

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Jan 3 10:03:38 PST 2010

Hello all.

1. Here is information about wine under amd64 freebsd.
http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine
I didn't tested built package, instead of this I made cross-build of system,
as described there.
But I didn't use aliases, instead I used wrapper scripts.
So, I have here installed wine which is works (tested on steam + cs 1.6).
It consumes about 450mb (if remove /rescue dir) hdd space.
How about made from this approach full and native PBI for amd64? :)
I think this would be good for many peoples.

2. Wine has no html support. It proposes download wine_gecko-1.0.0-x86.cab
and put it to wine share dir.
Can we add this to WinePBI?

3. If PBI can be installed x32 and x64 version to system, then maybe let's
name them correctly?
Like Amarok-i386 and Amarok-amd64 ?
I think this would be more correctly, and easier to maintain/check for
updates/update etc.

4. New Pootle is still not working. Any updates on when it'll be up an
kickin? :)
We have not much time to translate all newly-introduced things in 8.0.
And old version of pootle working with struggles, very slow, uploading of
.po files not working, often I got 500 error.

Comments?

--
Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow