doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:48:18 PST 2010

Ian Robinson wrote:
> @ Brodey Dover doverosx at gmail.com <mailto:doverosx at gmail.com>
>
> Re:  Accessing additional disk drives outside of ports console, Brad
> asked:
>
> >Outside of the console, is the mount point /mnt/ide0 already mounted?
>
>  Yes.  The system disk & the three other hard disks are all mounted
> and accessible to the operating system but not to the ports console
> (except /home on the system disk is accessible to the ports console)
>

> Brodey Dover asked:
>
> >Has anyone ever had a non-responsive GUI? In 7.1.1 my kde menus and
> >toolbar would become non-responsive. Now my menus, toolbars and anything
> >inside open windows that deals with file systems (like my home folder)
> >is not responding. Left clicks abound go unnoticed.
>
> I have not had that misfortune, but I did notice one of my desktop
> computers (HP Vectra VL420, P4 at 2.0 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce FX
> 5500) ran slower and with some hesitation under 7.1.1 when compared
> with earlier releases.  However I had some older HP Vectras (VL400 P3
> @ 1.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM and VL8i P3 @ 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM) that ran
> 7.1.1 at a very comfortable speed.
>
> Ian Robinson

I'm actually confused that you can get the system disk's /home since the
script seems to mount a null device for /home! I can see what would need
to be done to get what you want but I also see why certain things were
done to setup the jail that way.

Ian you could edit the /PCBSD/portjail/portjail.sh script yourself and
have your drives mounted that way. I can see some opinions on how or
whether mounting all/any disk drives (other than boot) would be wanted
in the shell. I am of the opinion that it should be done because I can
see some usages in the IT world.

Brodey