[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0-Beta Released

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Sat Jan 2 14:32:53 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com>wrote:

> Happy New Year everyone.  Kris has released PCBSD 8.0-Beta, and it is
> available at:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/137/11/

Install completed pretty nicely for me, Acer Aspire 5100 (ATI x1300, AMD
Athlon x2, 2GB RAM).

The login screen is PERFECT on the widescreen finally, and I like that it no
longer displays the list of users.
Compiz is working great out of the box (never had it working on this laptop
before!), system seems pretty snappy and is working well.

Two notes so far -
1) On the install, it gets to 100%, then installs the components. The
components can take quite some time, but the bar is 100%. Could we maybe
tweak that a bit, like removing the bar when doing the components or
something?

2) After I set the screen up (ati 3d, 1280x800) the test screen was fine,
but the login screen was all messed up. I had to toggle to terminal 1
(ctrl+alt+F1) then back before it was clear. Not sure if that's just a
weirdness with my card or not.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee