Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:29:46 PST 2010

@ Brodey Dover doverosx at gmail.com

Re:  Accessing additional disk drives outside of ports console, Brad asked:

>Outside of the console, is the mount point /mnt/ide0 already mounted?

 Yes.  The system disk & the three other hard disks are all mounted and
accessible to the operating system but not to the ports console (except
/home on the system disk is accessible to the ports console)

Brodey Dover asked:

>Has anyone ever had a non-responsive GUI? In 7.1.1 my kde menus and
>toolbar would become non-responsive. Now my menus, toolbars and anything
>inside open windows that deals with file systems (like my home folder)
>is not responding. Left clicks abound go unnoticed.

I have not had that misfortune, but I did notice one of my desktop computers
(HP Vectra VL420, P4 at 2.0 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce FX 5500) ran slower
and with some hesitation under 7.1.1 when compared with earlier releases.
 However I had some older HP Vectras (VL400 P3 @ 1.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM and
VL8i P3 @ 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM) that ran 7.1.1 at a very comfortable speed.

Ian Robinson