[PC-BSD Testing] okular does not print

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Feb 24 08:40:12 PST 2010

On 02/24/2010 11:15, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Error in /var/log/cups/error.log states:
>
> E [24/Feb/2010:11:06:05 -0500] Returning IPP client-error-bad-request for Create-Job (ipp://localhost:631/printers/hp) from localhost
>
> Running okular from the command line shows this error when try to print:
>
> lpr: Bad job-sheets value ""!
>
> Printing works fine elsewhere, but AFAIK okular is the only installed app capable of reading/printing PDFs. Tried pkg_add'ing xpdf but it refuses to load with this error:
>
> Warning: No font found.
> Warning:
>      Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
>      Class: XmRendition
>      Conversion failed.  Cannot load font.
>
> Floating exception
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

I just printed a 2 page PDF from okular here with no problems, using all
default values at printer dialog.

Did some digging online, looks like its a bug in the generated printer
config for your particular printer:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdeadmin/+bug/403169
http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg1775097.html

If you edit /usr/local/etc/cups/printers.conf and make sure "JobSheets"
is set to "none" does that fix it?

http://www.pcbsd.com