[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox 3.5.7 won't attach files to GMail

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 23 08:28:38 PST 2010

On 02/23/2010 11:08, Ian Robinson wrote:
> Re:  PCBSD 8.0-RELEASE, versions x86 and x64
>
> Firefox 3.5.7 that comes with the installation disk does not let me attach
> files to Gmail.  The error message is "Attachment Failed".  It is 100 %
> repeatable on both the x86 platform and x64 platform, so it is not a problem
> unique to a single computer.
>
> Attaching files to Gmail was never a problem using FF 3.5.5, 3.5.6, or 3.5.7
> in the -ALPHA, BETA, RC, or RC2 versions.  I'm running FF 3.5.7 on several
> other computers that run PCBSD 7.1.1, and it is not a problem there.
>
> Konqueror will let me attach files to Gmail, so this is not necessarily a
> PCBSD problem.  The Firefox PBI may be the source of the problem.
>

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

I had this problem as well here, was able to fix it by going into gmail
settings -> general -> attachments and changing to "basic". From what I
understand, its a flash issue, possibly because of flash 10 in the base
system. FF 3.5.8 and 3.6 should be building as PBI's in a few days
though, we'll have to re-test with those and see if it corrects it :)

http://www.pcbsd.com