[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox 3.5.7 won't attach files to GMail

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:08:40 PST 2010

Re:  PCBSD 8.0-RELEASE, versions x86 and x64

Firefox 3.5.7 that comes with the installation disk does not let me attach
files to Gmail.  The error message is "Attachment Failed".  It is 100 %
repeatable on both the x86 platform and x64 platform, so it is not a problem
unique to a single computer.

Attaching files to Gmail was never a problem using FF 3.5.5, 3.5.6, or 3.5.7
in the -ALPHA, BETA, RC, or RC2 versions.  I'm running FF 3.5.7 on several
other computers that run PCBSD 7.1.1, and it is not a problem there.

Konqueror will let me attach files to Gmail, so this is not necessarily a
PCBSD problem.  The Firefox PBI may be the source of the problem.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio