[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0-RC2-x86 & Nvidia Legacy Driver Screen Corruption

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:43:15 PST 2010

Kris --

I have two machines with "legacy" nVidia cards -- a Geforce Ti4200 ("GeForce
4") that would ordinarily take the 96.43.xx driver and the other a GeForce
FX5500 that would ordinarily take the 173.xx.xx driver.  I will make fresh
installs of PCBSD 8.0-RELEASE on both today and track the impact of both the
nVidia drivers and VESA.  The nv driver is deprecated for FreeBSD 8.0.

Ian