[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8 Release: Oh noes, for me it no goes

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Feb 22 07:34:55 PST 2010

Kris,

Ok, ok so I know it hasn't been OFFICIALLY released but that didn't stop
me from grabbing it (32-bit) from one of the mirrors over the weekend to
be able to install on my work abuse PC this morning. Here are a couple
things that I have already experienced on not one, not two, but three
fresh re-installs:

1. I have it set to autologin but after a few seconds of sitting on the
desktop, it suddenly logs off and sits at the prompt for username and
password. If I log in, it will load the desktop and then nothing works
but the mouse. Clock on things and hovering over stuff does nothing. I
have to hit the power button to shut down. On subsequent tries I notice
that the iBus icon in the tray is not visible. There's a blank space in
it's place as if it is loaded but the icon is not displaying.

2. On subsequent boots, if I do make it to the desktop and it does not
log off, nothing is clickable on the desktop. It seems frozen. Can't
drop down to command line either.

I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if something times out or
pops up. Kris, anything you want me to try?

Arthur