[PC-BSD Testing] Software manager - install desktop incons

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:57:31 PST 2010

> > 2. Please add ability to change more than one (ideally two or more)
> keyboard
> > layouts and keystroke for changing current keyboard layout setting. That
> > wold be useful for newbies which uses non english keyboards. For example,
> > ukrainian users uses ukrainian, russian and english layouts.
> >

> I'm not so clear on this. During the installer we prompt for one
> keyboard layout, however once KDE is up and running you can always add
> more layouts easily via system settings -> regional & layout -> keyboard
> layout, isn't that what you want? You can switch between the easily, etc :)

Yes, I can easy change layouts via KDE settings. But my friends with Windows
only experience have problems with that. Windows installer can setup
keyboard switching (include keystroke to change input language) at install
time. So in one case that feature is expected by windows user. And at the
other case newbie now must found that menu in settings. In most cases that
is almost only one really required change to desktop configuration after
install.  Installers from some russian Linux distros can setup that.