[PC-BSD Testing] Software manager - install desktop incons

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 16 09:50:39 PST 2010

On 02/11/2010 11:22, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:

>>> Please add checkbox 'install desktop icons' to message box "do you whant
>>> install..." which shows when download button clicked. Now user must read
>>> manual to know where that option is.
>>>
>>> PS Sorry for English. I hope you understand that text :)
>>>

>> That would be a UI change which are are currently in a frozen state.
>> I've added it to the list of things for 8.1 though, thanks for the heads
>> up!
>>
>> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_8.1_TODO#Bug_Fixes
>>

> Well, I have another wishes :) :
> Installer:
> 1. Please add "Add slice"/"Remove slice". That wold be VERY useful.

Added to the TODO wiki :)

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_8.1_TODO

> 2. Please add ability to change more than one (ideally two or more) keyboard
> layouts and keystroke for changing current keyboard layout setting. That
> wold be useful for newbies which uses non english keyboards. For example,
> ukrainian users uses ukrainian, russian and english layouts.

I'm not so clear on this. During the installer we prompt for one
keyboard layout, however once KDE is up and running you can always add
more layouts easily via system settings -> regional & layout -> keyboard
layout, isn't that what you want? You can switch between the easily, etc :)

http://www.pcbsd.com