[PC-BSD Testing] Software Install Issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 16 09:00:06 PST 2010

On 02/13/2010 16:48, Neal wrote:
> The software installer seems broken.  If I run updates on current
> installed software in either reports the file corrupted or fails to
> install the update at all and goes back to reporting "Update Available".
>
> New software installs download then suddenly disappear and never
> install.  This is a fresh install.
>
> I am using an AMD 64X2 5200 processor, ASUS motherboard, 4 gigs of RAM
> and a 500GB hard drive.  Homebuilt system.
>
> I will say that I am loving PC-BSD very much.  Looking forward to the
> final release of version 8.  Been using Ubuntu Linux (for driver
> support, ain't no newb) for a couple years now.

I was able to duplicate this issue here, and its been fixed in SVN now.

If you would be willing to confirm it fixes your problem, follow these
steps:

# svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/trunk/SoftwareManager
# cd SoftwareManager
# qmake-qt4 *.pro
# make install (as root)

Now run the software manager, does it work properly?

http://www.pcbsd.com