[PC-BSD Testing] missing /PCBSD/networkmanager directory after upgrade to 8.0-RC2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Feb 12 10:58:22 PST 2010

On 02/12/2010 13:42, Ian Robinson wrote:
> After doing an upgrade install from PCBSD-8.0-RC-x64 to PCBSD-8.0-RC2-x64 I
> am getting an error message that KDEInit could not launch
> 'PCBSD/networkmanager/bin/NetworkTray'.
>
> I have the /PCBSD directory, but I do not have a directory called
> /PCBSD/networkmanager
>
> ifconfig initially reported that my ethernet card (em0) was set to inet
> 0.0.0.0, so I configured with ifconfig to set it and that was successfully
> set to 192.168.2.3/255.255.255.0 via DHCP.  It reports it is active and I
> can ping the router/gateway successfully.
>
> Apparently without the networkmanager directory and NetworkTray I cannot
> connect to the internet.
>
> After upgrading, I did copy over some configuration files in
> /home/<User_name>/.kde4/share/apps, but while I was wondering if this had
> anything to do with corrupting connection to the internet it would not
> explain why i do not have a subdirectory.
>

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Thats the old NetworkTray from 7.x, not sure how you ended up with that.
The new one is just "pc-nettray". Check your .kde/Autostart dir, you may
have some old startup .desktop files in there.

Also, try to configure the network via the network manager gui and see
if that works to get you line. It sets up the "lagg" interface by
default now, so you won't see an IP on em0, but it'll be on lagg0
instead, and it should still work. (This provides some failover services)

http://www.pcbsd.com