[PC-BSD Testing] missing /PCBSD/networkmanager directory after upgrade to 8.0-RC2

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:42:17 PST 2010

After doing an upgrade install from PCBSD-8.0-RC-x64 to PCBSD-8.0-RC2-x64 I
am getting an error message that KDEInit could not launch
'PCBSD/networkmanager/bin/NetworkTray'.

I have the /PCBSD directory, but I do not have a directory called
/PCBSD/networkmanager

ifconfig initially reported that my ethernet card (em0) was set to inet
0.0.0.0, so I configured with ifconfig to set it and that was successfully
set to 192.168.2.3/255.255.255.0 via DHCP.  It reports it is active and I
can ping the router/gateway successfully.

Apparently without the networkmanager directory and NetworkTray I cannot
connect to the internet.

After upgrading, I did copy over some configuration files in
/home/<User_name>/.kde4/share/apps, but while I was wondering if this had
anything to do with corrupting connection to the internet it would not
explain why i do not have a subdirectory.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio