[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8-RC issues and wishes

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Feb 9 08:05:43 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 02/09/2010 10:17, Mike Bybee wrote:

> static
> >> time
> 7x
> >> card
> >> fine

> tomorrow.

> with
> up.
> >> :)

> it
> >> deleting
> naming
> >>
> >> Yep, fixed that in SVN yesterday, should be good in RC2.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Kris Moore
> >> PC-BSD Software
> >> http://www.pcbsd.com
> >>

> > Thank you!
> > I'm really excited about PC-BSD 8, since it seems like you've fixed
> 99.999%
> > of the problems I had with 7.
> > Got a bunch of people waiting for me to give them release DVDs :)
> >
> > I think all we need before we're able to stand toe-to-toe with
> Linux/Windows
> > is a nice PBI for gparted (unless I just missed it?).
> >

> I don't think gparted has even been ported to FreeBSD yet, I don't see
> it in the ports tree anyway. Maybe you should send a message to the
> freebsd-gnome list and ask them what it would take to bring it over.
> Once it shows up if you create a request for it in the Wiki I should be
> able to get a PBI of it rather easily:
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

I also haven't seen it - I am working on some other sysutils related
packages for the FreeBSD Gnome package, but haven't seen any traffic about
that.

So like I said - that's the last big thing we need. :D  I'll send a quick
email out there, see if anyone is working on it. The gpart utility has been
ported, not sure if the lib is compatible with the Gnome frontend - or is
there perhaps a KDE version?
--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee