[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8-RC issues and wishes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 9 07:21:49 PST 2010

On 02/09/2010 10:17, Mike Bybee wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.com>  wrote:

>> time
>> card
>> fine

>> :)

>>> Did you by any chance also fix the double-entry for hostname? I notice it
>>> appears both at the very top and very bottom. I typically have been
>> deleting
>>> the one at the bottom and changing the one at the top to match my naming
>>> convention.
>>
>> Yep, fixed that in SVN yesterday, should be good in RC2.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

> Thank you!
> I'm really excited about PC-BSD 8, since it seems like you've fixed 99.999%
> of the problems I had with 7.
> Got a bunch of people waiting for me to give them release DVDs :)
>
> I think all we need before we're able to stand toe-to-toe with Linux/Windows
> is a nice PBI for gparted (unless I just missed it?).

I don't think gparted has even been ported to FreeBSD yet, I don't see
it in the ports tree anyway. Maybe you should send a message to the
freebsd-gnome list and ask them what it would take to bring it over.
Once it shows up if you create a request for it in the Wiki I should be
able to get a PBI of it rather easily:

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests

http://www.pcbsd.com