[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8-RC issues and wishes

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Feb 9 07:17:03 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 02/09/2010 10:02, Mike Bybee wrote:

> >> IPv4
> time
> >> at
> card
> >> is
> >> busy',
> fine
> >> :(

> >> ethernet.
> >>>>

> >> Ok, I'll need you to re-test this on RC2 in the next few days. I found
> >> and fixed a bunch of bugs with how we generated the rc.conf values with
> >> the lagg interface, a couple of invalid keywords were messing things up.
> >> Now I can go between DHCP / Static IP's here and it seems to work fine
> :)
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Kris Moore
> >> PC-BSD Software
> >> http://www.pcbsd.com
> >>

> > Did you by any chance also fix the double-entry for hostname? I notice it
> > appears both at the very top and very bottom. I typically have been
> deleting
> > the one at the bottom and changing the one at the top to match my naming
> > convention.
>
> Yep, fixed that in SVN yesterday, should be good in RC2.
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Thank you!
I'm really excited about PC-BSD 8, since it seems like you've fixed 99.999%
of the problems I had with 7.
Got a bunch of people waiting for me to give them release DVDs :)

I think all we need before we're able to stand toe-to-toe with Linux/Windows
is a nice PBI for gparted (unless I just missed it?).

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee