[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-RC as VirtualBox guest

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Feb 9 07:00:35 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 02/09/2010 08:17, Mike Bybee wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Yuri Momotiuk<yurkis at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >

> >> 2010/2/2 Mike Bybee<mbybee at dometrilogy.com>
> >>
> >> This question is unrelated to an actual *problem* as such, more
> something I
> PC-BSD

> >> Try to install port emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions-XXXX on guest
> >> PC-BSD. I did not test it yet, but hope it will be useful.

> > I have used it extensively, and the video drivers in particular are a
> great
> > improvement. They won't show up in the PC-BSD list, however, even if
> > installed. Just run Xorg --configure, as the wiki notes.
> >
> > I think I asked a while back if we could get these drivers added to the
> list
> > with the VMware ones.
> >

> Whats the driver name it installs? I can add it to the list of
> selectable drivers easily here.
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

The driver appears to be vboxvideo. Here's the section from my xorg.conf

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "vboxvideo"
        VendorName  "InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH"
        BoardName   "VirtualBox Graphics Adapter"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

--
Thanks,