[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-RC as VirtualBox guest

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Feb 9 05:17:01 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Yuri Momotiuk <yurkis at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/2/2 Mike Bybee <mbybee at dometrilogy.com>
> This question is unrelated to an actual *problem* as such, more something I
>> ran across and thought might be useful- not sure how many of us use PC-BSD
>> as a VirtualBox guest
>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox
>> This covers things like setting up the video and the shared clipboard.
> Try to install port emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions-XXXX on guest
> PC-BSD. I did not test it yet, but hope it will be useful.
I have used it extensively, and the video drivers in particular are a great
improvement. They won't show up in the PC-BSD list, however, even if
installed. Just run Xorg --configure, as the wiki notes.

I think I asked a while back if we could get these drivers added to the list
with the VMware ones.

Mike Bybee