[PC-BSD Testing] python plasmascript seems missing.

gregoire.welraeds at gmail.com gregoire.welraeds at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:57:24 PST 2010

Hi Kriss,
Thank you for answering my email. I went to the #kde-freebsd channel to
discuss this issue. I had an interesting discussion with one of the kde
developper (involved in the Ark development). And here is what he told me
(hope he don't mind me quoting him):
[quote]
there are two things involved here:
1) python support for plasma in kdebase needs kdebindings for pykde4; IIRC
there was some sort of circular dependency in which kdebindings required
kdelibs and kdebase (I'm not sure if this is still the case), so you might
need to end up building kdebase twice
2) python support for kdebase is explicitly disabled in kdebase4-workspace's
Makefile (no idea why)
[/quote]
So to fix this issue, one need to edit the x11/kdebase4-workspace port's
makefile and remove the line saying -DWITH_PyKDE4:BOOL=OFF from CMAKE_ARGS.
I tried to do that myself as I have the FreeBSD port installed, but it failed:
[quote]
CMake Error at
/usr/local/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:1192
(message):
  ERROR: the installed kdelibs version 4.3.4 is too old, at least version
  4.3.5 is required
[/quote]
Since I'm using the PCBSD box on daily basis for my work, I don't want to go
and rebuild everything, particularly if 4.3.5 is shipped with PCBSD 8.0
Release.

My question is do you think we might expect to have the issue fixed along with
this release?

Best regards,
Gregoire.