[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8-RC issues and wishes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Feb 8 11:14:39 PST 2010

On 02/08/2010 03:46, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
> Networking:
> 1. I can confirm problem with static IP setup (I can not set static IPv4 by
> GUI, ifconfig shows only 0.0.0.0)
> 2. Network manager seems like can not set DNS and gateway in same time at
> least with static IPv4 configuration (same problem was in nearly 7x
> releases)
> 3. Seems like in FreeBSD 8.0-p2 support for my DLink 1Gb ethernet card is
> broken (when i ping gateway ping command shows message 'device is busy', and
> adapter is'nt work propertly). In 8-BETA same network card worked fine :(

This is on a laptop or system with wifi right? Can you send me the
rc.conf that the GUI generated?

> Desktop (wishes an problems)
> 1. Even if I set 'Effect for window switching' in Desktop settings to 'No
> effect', windows is switching by "Flip" effect, so I can not disable it.
> (please confirm)

This may be fixed in KDE 4.3.5, have to re-test it there and if it still
fails, file a KDE bug :)

> 2. Please leave less visual effects in default setting (at least disable
> "Flip" window switching effect - it looks nice but it will cause
> uncomfortably desktop using just after few minutes)
 >
> PS Kris, could you produce intermediate build before RELEASE? It may be RC2
> or some nightly build(s). Many bugs was fixes after -RC, and also I must
> check ukrainian translation (still broken in -RC).

I'm rolling a RC2 right now with all the latest fixes, KDE 4.3.5 and
Xorg Server 1.6.5. It should be up in the next few days.

http://www.pcbsd.com