[PC-BSD Testing] python plasmascript seems missing.

gregoire.welraeds at gmail.com gregoire.welraeds at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 02:44:57 PST 2010

I have tried to install new widget for the kde desktop. Some of them could not
be started and the following error is reported:
[quote]
Could not create a python ScriptEngine for the X widget.
[/quote]

Here is what I found when starting those plasma widget manually:
[quote]
$ python ./.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/Plasmacon/contents/code/main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/Plasmacon/contents/code/main.py",
line 29, in <module>
from PyKDE4 import plasmascript
ImportError: cannot import name plasmascript
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, PyKDE4 is part of the py26-kdebindings-kde4 (Python
bindings for KDE), which is seems to be correctly installed.
[quote]
pkg_info | grep -i kde | grep -i Python
py26-kdebindings-kde-4.3.4 Python bindings for KDE
py26-kdebindings-krosspython-4.3.4 Kross Python scripting library
$ cd /usr/local/kde4/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyKDE4
$ ls
__init__.py     dnssd.so        khtml.so        kparts.so       nepomuk.so
polkitqt.so     solid.so
__init__.pyc    kdecore.so      kio.so          ktexteditor.so  phonon.so
pykdeconfig.py  soprano.so
akonadi.so      kdeui.so        knewstuff.so    kutils.so       plasma.so
pykdeconfig.pyc
[/quote]
For information, Plasmacon and Tarmoid are two of the widgets I have tried to
install and which have the same errors. I don't know how to investigate this
issue any further (although I'm willing to).

Best regards,
Grégoire.