[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8-RC issues and wishes

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 00:46:18 PST 2010

1. I can confirm problem with static IP setup (I can not set static IPv4 by
GUI, ifconfig shows only
2. Network manager seems like can not set DNS and gateway in same time at
least with static IPv4 configuration (same problem was in nearly 7x
3. Seems like in FreeBSD 8.0-p2 support for my DLink 1Gb ethernet card is
broken (when i ping gateway ping command shows message 'device is busy', and
adapter is'nt work propertly). In 8-BETA same network card worked fine :(

Desktop (wishes an problems)
1. Even if I set 'Effect for window switching' in Desktop settings to 'No
effect', windows is switching by "Flip" effect, so I can not disable it.
(please confirm)
2. Please leave less visual effects in default setting (at least disable
"Flip" window switching effect - it looks nice but it will cause
uncomfortably desktop using just after few minutes)

PS Kris, could you produce intermediate build before RELEASE? It may be RC2
or some nightly build(s). Many bugs was fixes after -RC, and also I must
check ukrainian translation (still broken in -RC).