[PC-BSD Testing] My PC-BSD RC install

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:32:17 PST 2010

Hello all!

I have just finished installing PC-BSD 8 - RC - AMD64 and it was
interesting...

Install:
     1. I think a new progress bar should be used for each add-on after
the OS base is completed. 99% is better than 100% that we used to see
but 1% isn't really left to be completed.

     2. I was unable to delete/format/overwrite my old PC-BSD 8 - BETA -
x86 install, I e-mailed the bug to you Kris, hopefully it works...

Post-Install:
     1. The Network manager hasn't crashed yet, but after clicking on
"configure advanced options" the same button became unresponsive, I
think this is a fluke event though.

     2. My network worked, however, I like to run my wired machines with
static IPs. Setting a static IP in PC-BSD's default install failed
miserably because every time I would enter my IP information I would
have a lovely 0.0.0.0. Honestly, I don't like Gratuitous ARP requests
that much to ONLY use 0.0.0.0 ;). I decided to comment out lagg and to
set my IP info manually, that is working as expected.

Regards,
Brodey Dover