[PC-BSD Testing] Wine in default install?

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Fri Feb 5 07:18:28 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2010 13:47, Mike Bybee wrote:
> > Are there any plans to include WINE in the default install?
> >

> At the moment I don't plan on it, since wine is 32bit only, and I'm
> trying to keep the same PBIs across the amd64 / i386 ISO's. However you
> can still download it post-install via the Software Manager :)
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Thanks :)
I just wanted to make sure I didn't mark it in my article as included if its
not. I tried overall to specify if something required a PBI, a port, or was
installed by default.

For what it's worth, I was able to replace nearly every function of my work
laptop with a PC-BSD 8 image. There were only two sticking points, one of
which hinges on the Linux compatibility (still researching why that one
isn't working), and the other on a truly odd infrastructure setup on site.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee