[PC-BSD Testing] life preserver

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Feb 4 03:20:15 PST 2010

On 01/15/2010 13:59, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Feature request: add description of "backup" to Life Preserver in Kickoff menu (so new users will find it in a search)

Done!

> Are there any docs/how-tos yet for life preserver?

Not as of yet, I need to write them on the wiki still, haven't had a
chance :(

> Does life preserver back up the entire system or just the user's home directory? Looking at rsync-excludes, it looks like (most of) the whole system.. Should power-users add to this file if they want to backup less?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Correct, if you wish to exclude something specifically thats the place
to do it. After 8.0 is released though I plan on doing some more work on
this tool so you can assign excludes to each backup, etc.

http://www.pcbsd.com