[PC-BSD Testing] Boot Only Install Problems

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Feb 2 09:38:39 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/2010 11:55, Mike Bybee wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Mike Bybee<mbybee at dometrilogy.com>
>  wrote:

> the
> is

> error

> you

> sent

> crap
> great

> >> Noticed this one this morning - during an install that completed
> >> "successfully", I saw dozens of 'write failure, filesystem full" errors
> when
> >> it performed the shutdown.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mike Bybee
> >>

> > Oh, just as a follow up - only 8GB of the 12GB allocated was used.
> >

> What partition layout scheme did you use? Did SWAP use up the missing
> 4GB? Can you send me the /tmp/sys-install.cfg, or the logfile after a
> failure like that?
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

I have a screenshot of the disk layout (for an article I'm working on), but
I already destroyed and re-created the disks.

The layout was "use entire disk" -> "customize" -> "auto setup", then I set
/usr to encrypted.
/ 2048 UFS+S
SWAP 798
/var 1024 UFS+S
/usr 8413 UFS+S + "enable encryption"
After doing the install with all components, it reported success but was
unable to mount /usr on reboot. The encrypted device was inaccessible.

I've got another install running on 20GB right now, to see if it really is a
space issue. The layout is the same, but /usr is 16605.
--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee