[PC-BSD Testing] No go with PCBSD 8.0 RC

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Feb 1 13:13:16 PST 2010

On 01/30/2010 17:46, stautzenberger at speakeasy.net wrote:
> Bootup went OK until the USB mouse was found to be inop, as well as the keyboard.
>
> Same problem I always have with FreeBSD.
>
> PSBSD 7.1.1 and the 8..0 alpha versions were excellent.
>
> ASUS P5NSLI motherboard, 6 GB memory
>
> 3 GHz Pentium D
>
> PS2 keyboard
>
> USB mouse
>

> Sid

Sid,

I don't have that board on-hand, so the best I could do is google about
it :P

Found this about a similar board, and it sounds like it was known to
have some issues with apic enabled:

If you run that loader command to disable apic, does it help fix your
issues with keyboard / mouse?

Also, you may want to grab a copy of FreeBSD 8.0 vanilla and confirm
that the keyboard / mouse still craps out for you there. Then we can

http://www.pcbsd.com