[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0-RC-x64 Speed Issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Feb 1 05:25:22 PST 2010

On 01/31/2010 16:52, Ian Robinson wrote:
> PCBSD 8.0-RC-x64 -- Speed issues:
>
> On 1/31/10 in Testing Digest, Vol 36, Issue 69, I mentioned screen
> lag, web page loading delays, and screen corruption.
>
> I am running PCBSD 8.0-RC-x64 in the Live Mode off a USB stick.  It
> runs faster than the installation to the hard disk.  I don't have any
> screen corruption.
>
> The hard disk installation uses NVidia's 64 bit binary driver. The
> Live Version has used "nv".
>
> I wonder wonder if that NVidia 64-bit binary driver is having a
> conflict with something in the 8.0-RC?
>
> !DSPAM:1,4b65fbb620142040588269!

That sounds feasible, you can test this easily by switching from the
"nvidia" driver to "nv" on your installed system, does that make a huge
difference?

FWIW, I'm using nvidia-64bit here, and it works fine on my 9800GT + duel
head, no corruption that I can see. Do you have 3d effects turned off BTW?

http://www.pcbsd.com