[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-RC

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Mon Feb 1 07:29:24 PST 2010

01.02.2010 17:00, Mike Bybee пишет:

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Mike Bybee <mbybee at dometrilogy.com
> <mailto:mbybee at dometrilogy.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com
>     <mailto:kris at pcbsd.com>> wrote:
>
>         On 01/29/2010 08:40, Mike Bybee wrote:
>         > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Alexander
>         Yerenkow<yerenkow at uct.ua <mailto:yerenkow at uct.ua>>  wrote:
>         >
>         >> 27.01.2010 18:59, Kris Moore пишет:
>         >>> PC-BSD 8.0-RC is now available for download from our mirrors:
>         >>>
>         >>> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/145/11/
>         >>>
>         >>> This update fixes a LOT of bugs reported during the beta
>         cycle, for some
>         >>> of the major ones please take a look at the changelog:
>         >>>
>         >>> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/141/11/
>         >>>
>         >>> Please report any bugs found in this release to our Trac
>         database
>         >>> (http://trac.pcbsd.org) as soon as possible.
>         >>>
>         >>>
>         >>
>         >> 1. My laptop is turning off after few hours without any
>         reason. Didn't
>         >> see this in Alphas/Betas.
>         >> 2. Have problems with network setup - see trac bug, posted
>         more comments.
>         >>
>         >> _______________________________________________
>         >> Testing mailing list
>         >> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org <mailto:Testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
>         >>
>         >
>         >
>         > I have often had a similar issue with my laptop under PC-BSD
>         - might want to
>         > check the heat (sysctl -a |grep therm). If powerd is still
>         not working, it
>         > tends to overheat and shut off automatically.
>
>         Go ahead and enable powerd in the rc.conf, does that help
>         solve the
>         problem? The reason we don't enable it by default anymore is
>         that it
>         messes up certain devices on 8.0, causes X to lockup :(

Ran few tests, with or without powerd, x, - same. My laptop turning off.
sysctl | therm show not high temperature.

Tested same with CentOS/PC-BSD7.1.1 - I can do anything, load fully
laptop, I even left it at cover (so air can't fully circulate) - not
turning off.

Seems I have some weird problem with 8.0p2 :(