[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.2Beta1- SysInstaller title bar not showing non-English characters

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 14:54:30 PST 2010

Hi -

This is a follow-up to the previous report regarding the SysInstaller
title bar. Of the 22 available languages in the SysInstaller most
languages except Bulgarian, Chinese_(Taiwan), Russian and Spanish just
use English to reveal "SysInstaller" in the title bar. Of the four
languages that translate the term "SysInstaller" in the title bar into
their native languages, only Bulgarian, Russian and Spanish shows this
term in their characters correctly, and only Chinese_(Taiwan) shows
squares (aka "tofu").

Whilst this can be avoided by just leaving the term in English as is
for Chinese_(Taiwan) as a workaround, since Bulgarian, Russian and
Spanish can be revealed properly in the title bar I cannot see why we
really should leave the term in the title bar as in English. Any
solution to this, Kris?

Regards,
Sam