[PC-BSD Testing] Does not resume after suspend/hibernation (updated)

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:34:28 PST 2010

I am happy to report that the problems I had with ACPI suspend/resume on a
laptop under PCBSD 8-STABLE do not exist in PCBSD 9.  Under 9, the Acer
TravelMate portable can suspend for many hours and resume immediately.

As I reported earlier, I believe that the problems under PCBSD-STABLE may
have been a real ACPI problem but rather connected to the Intel 82855 video
controller, its driver (intel), and conflict with Xorg.

Ian Robinson
Salem, OH