[PC-BSD Testing] NVIDIA when RAM is > 2 GB

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 1 10:10:00 PST 2010

Sorry for the toppost, my mailer isn't quoting this email for some reason.

This is an 8.1 install on a celeron dual core E3200, 4 gb ram, with a GeForce 8800 GS. Every boot option results in a black screen. I walked the guy through adding the machdep line at the boot prompt but that did not make a difference. Anyone else successfully using this card on 8.1? Any suggestions for a possible bios setting? He also tried reducing his ram down to 2 gb but it did not make a difference.

Cheers,

Dru