[PC-BSD Testing] Dialup Utility?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:09:11 PDT 2010

DISCLAIMER: Assume I am a complete newbie to FreeBSD/PC-BSD.

On my 8.1, I took a cursory look to see if I can find a graphical utility to
enable me use a 3G/EvDO USB modem.
Never mind that I did not even plugin the Huawei modem, but I intend to
soon.
Is there such a thing available?

I am asking this way because the usage of 3G/3G+/EvDO USB modems has grown
so much and I feel any attempts to tell young folks to use *BSD (not Linux)
depends on such utilities/abilities built into the OS. PC-BSD being so much
geared towards the Desktop should have something.

My thoughts.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,