[PC-BSD Testing] output of cat /dev/sndstat

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Sat Aug 28 20:37:00 PDT 2010

"Mr. Nobody" <gnargafuffle at hotmail.com> wrote:

>pcm0: <USB audio> (rec) default
>pcm1: <HDA Analog Devices AD1988A PCM #0 Analog> (play/rec)
>pcm2: <HDA Analog Devices AD1988A PCM #1 Analog> (play)
>pcm3: <HDA Analog Devices AD1988A PCM #2 Analog> (play)
>
>Hope this helps you help me get my sound working. PLEASE

It looks like its defaulting to some usb audio device first. Do you have a webcam or something like that plugged in?

You'll probably need to edit /etc/sysctl.conf and add an option like hw.snd.default_unit=1, then reboot. If that doesn't work, try 2 or 3 since one of those will be the device that you are expecting.

PC-BSD / iXsystems