[PC-BSD Testing] Dolphin thinks external HD is full but it isn't

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 08:19:57 PDT 2010

On 8.0 or 8.1 I have tried to use a new Western Digital external USB HD for backup.  It's a 1TB drive and initially I had no problems with it. I backed up about 2.4GB of files and then Dolphin wouldn't write to it anymore - says it's full.

Dolphin reports the size now as 931.5 GiB but if I right-click /media/disk --> properties, it says "device usage 16.0 EiB free 1.9 Gib (-2,147,235,468 % used)".  The green "progress" bar underneath the drive icon shows it's full.  I have a 500 GB internal HD that works just fine.

The exact same problem occurs in Konqueror as file manager.

Any workaround?