[PC-BSD Testing] small nits from upgrade to 8.1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 3 07:51:37 PDT 2010

On 07/29/2010 15:46, Dru Lavigne wrote:
> Kris, congrats on the smooth upgrade path! The upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1
> was seamless.
>
> A few small nits:
>
> - the icon for portsconsole was retained (while a new icon for
> portsjail was added

Well, when you do an upgrade we don't touch any .desktop files in your
home-dir, for fear of deleting something important :P

> - the old mixer icon was kept in system tray and a new mixer icon was
> added (i.e. I ended up with 2 mixer icons)

I sometimes see that here as well, but it looks like some tray graphics
corruption, I.E. if you exit the mixer, its only running one instance
but showing up on top of the battery icon in addition to its own icon.

> - strigidaemon was using up 100% CPU a few minutes after KDE loaded;
> I'm assuming this is a one-time event while it builds its database but
> I was lazy and killed it in top

Yea, it does have some initial startup cost, but usually calms down
after a bit :) Of course you can manually disable it via system-settings
-> advanced -> desktop search as well.