[PC-BSD Testing] Issue with gvim and font

Grégoire Welraeds gregoire.welraeds at i-logs.com
Mon Apr 12 06:33:03 PDT 2010

Hi list again,

Here comes another issue I met today:
when I try to start gvim from the console, here is what I get:
  :1: error: unexpected character `\1', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
  E665: Cannot start GUI, no valid font found
  Press ENTER or type command to continue
then vim start in console mode.

Probably for the same reason, starting vim from the KDE launcher menu
(Applications -> Utilities -> Vim Editor) does not work as well, no error
reported though.

As usual, I have googled for a solution and have looked in the forum but could
not find any solution to this issue.

This is the vim default install for PCBSD 8.0.
# uname -a
FreeBSD loneville.i-logs.com 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #4: Thu Jan
7 09:20:42 PST 2010     root at build8x32.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/pcbsd-
build80/fbsd-source/8.0-src/sys/PCBSD  i386

As usual, any help would be appreciated. I'd like to use my PCBSD box as a
development platform but without eclipse and gvim, I'm a bit lost :)

Best regards,

Grégoire.