[PC-BSD Testing] feature requests

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Sep 23 10:56:42 PDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Useful packages which I've noticed missing as I'm working my way through documenting all of PC-BSD's features for the book. Without these
> packages, certain aspects of KDE don't work so I would like to request they be included so I don't have to tell the reader "too bad, so
> sad" ;-)
>
> 1. mtools: otherwise floppy:/ in dolphin/konqueror doesn't work

Added!

> 2. flite, festival, and all of the festvox-* packages: otherwise speech-to-text (and a fair bit of kdeaccessibility) does not work

Added!

> If these could be in the next iso, that would be great so I could finish tidying up/testing the System Settings chapters. I'm having an
> issue with kttsd and I'm not sure if it's missing packages related or if it is a bug I have to figure out.
>
> On a related note, there is no freebsd package for FreeTTS so I've inserted a note that it is not currently supported (unless someone
> wants to nudge someone to port it...)
>
> Finally, da support (for a USB cdrom drive) in the installer would be very useful to me as I can't install on my test system without it.
> Virtualbox works but has its limitations..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Can you detail some of the da error stuff? Did you test the 2nd ISO alpha and is it still having trouble mounting
the USB cd-drive? Is it failing during the bootup? The 2nd ISO should drop you to a shell if that happens, can
you manually mount your CD at that point, or does it simply not exist? Its possible that the device isn't working
with the new USB stuff in 8.0 if its not detected.