[PC-BSD Testing] feature requests

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 21 15:01:10 PDT 2009

Useful packages which I've noticed missing as I'm working my way through documenting all of PC-BSD's features for the book. Without these packages, certain aspects of KDE don't work so I would like to request they be included so I don't have to tell the reader "too bad, so sad" ;-)

1. mtools: otherwise floppy:/ in dolphin/konqueror doesn't work

2. flite, festival, and all of the festvox-* packages: otherwise speech-to-text (and a fair bit of kdeaccessibility) does not work

If these could be in the next iso, that would be great so I could finish tidying up/testing the System Settings chapters. I'm having an issue with kttsd and I'm not sure if it's missing packages related or if it is a bug I have to figure out.

On a related note, there is no freebsd package for FreeTTS so I've inserted a note that it is not currently supported (unless someone wants to nudge someone to port it...)

Finally, da support (for a USB cdrom drive) in the installer would be very useful to me as I can't install on my test system without it. Virtualbox works but has its limitations.

Cheers,

Dru