[PC-BSD Testing] 09142009 Alpha
yerenkow at uct.ua
Wed Sep 16 10:57:17 PDT 2009
On 15.09.2009 16:32, Kris Moore wrote:
> Hey everybody! I've just uploaded the next cut of the 8.0 Alpha. This release still does NOT include native 8.0 PBIs, or
> nvidia drivers, but we will begin to include those shortly after FreeBSD 8.0 releases, which should be in the next
> couple of weeks.
> This alpha updates the base to FreeBSD BETA4, and fixes a bunch of bugs in the desktop, kernel config, and software manager.
> Again, this is no where near production ready, but you may want to play with it, to test out your hardware support on FreeBSD 8.0.
> Also, I've made available the 64bit version as well this time, so feel free to give it a whirl also. If anybody wants to test
> LIVE DVD mode (option 3) please do so, I need people to test it on systems with 2GB of ram or less, and those with greater than
> 2GB of RAM to see if it works properly in both cases. (Systems with 2.5GB of RAM or greater will try to load the entire DVD image
> into memory, which should make the live mode run MUCH faster)
> Both the 32bit and 64bit versions may be downloaded below:
> Hopefully the next Alpha will include the new System Installer, which is where the real fun begins :)
1. Can't upgrade one BETA to another
2. Can't install sources - Kris, can this be fixed while we still in alpha?
3. SoftwareManager - didn't ask if I want to close it, when
4. SoftwareManager - have no resume download - are you kidding me? :D
5. SoftwareManager - can't specify a Dir to which download (and probably
6. SoftwareManager - can't tell it to store PBIs after installing.
7. SoftwareManager - can't specify custom mirror URL (for large offices
could be http://, ftp://, nfs://, file://, or even smb:// ) - would be
maybe I'll get some more later :)
But beta looks good for now.
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> Testing mailing list
> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
Generalissimo of UCT
More information about the Testing