[PC-BSD Testing] 8.0 ALPHA for your inspection

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Sep 7 10:13:24 PDT 2009

We've done some updates to pbidir / download code, which will require you
to rebuild the SoftwareManager tool for it to work again. Here's instructions
on how to do so:

# svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/trunk/SoftwareManager
# cd SoftwareManager
# qmake-qt4 *.prog
# su -
# make

After the make is finished, load up the SoftwareManager again, and downloads
should be working properly. We added support for random mirror selection,
depending upon your mirror configuration.

Let me know how that works guys!